Wednesday, December 13, 2006

the big 3-0 jump!

I wrote about lists when it dawned on me that I will be turning 3o in a few days time. But then, I did something better than coming up with a list...I jumped, but not the usual jumping jacks or jump for joy jumps but I jumped off from a bridge, 30 feet high!

Aside from doing an event in Cagayan de Oro (which turned out well and got us sentimental in some parts) 11 out of 14 of us stayed for two more days. We had no definite plans but we wanted to do something to take advantage of being in a different province. It is very seldom that we find ourselves in this part of the Philippines, thus we have to seize the moment! And since CDO is famous for its whitewater rafting, a majority from the group was really decided on it. So, after finalizing with the local tour guide during our post-event dinner, we all took our well-deserved sleep and rest. The next day, we woke up without the pressure of the alarm clock. Around 1pm, we found ourselves donned in life vests and ready for our big jump. Yes, there were hesitations (especially for some of us who do not know how to swim!), questions (will the vest really work?!?), and a lot of screams and shrieks. But there were also a lot of encouragements and claps before and after our jumps. There were two jumps, one from the bridge and the other from a rock, midway during the rafting. Too bad we don't have any waterproof cameras to capture the rafting and rock jump, but for sure, we all have a very vivid memory to keep the moment and the adventure alive :-)

This experience is really a big one for me. It was an exhilarating feeling, just letting go of all fears and conquering them. The others who also made the jump may have a different take on this, but for me, this is one adventure that marks a milestone in my life. I know that I am still in for more jumps in my life, more fears to conquer...but now that I have made my first jump and conquered it, the next ones will be easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home