Wednesday, August 09, 2006

~ writer's block ~

In grade school, my mom patiently coached me for a spelling contest, having to lose the final round to a sixth-grader (i was, i think in 2nd or 4th grade…uh oh…memory lapse!). Now, my favorite word is e-u-c-a-l-y-p-t-u-s.

During senior year in high school, I won 2nd place in a national essay-writing contest.

In college, I was surprised when my name was called out for an essay I wrote for a class assignment. Apparently, my professor submitted my paper in a university-wide writing contest without informing me.

When I applied for graduate studies, I wrote my application essay in less than an hour.

I wrote, edited and managed corporate newsletters for three years.

Then…why can’t I come up with a blog post, as conscientiously as my sibs?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My sis already wrote about our upcoming trip this September. Just an update, all our flights and accommodations are confirmed. We got good rates for both our rooms and plane fares. Cherry on top for today was the fact that I was in the Philippine Airlines ticketing office for less than an hour (that was already a remarkable feat since it usually takes forever for them to call out and serve your number, that's why I brought a book to kill time!).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Some of you know that aside from the three of us, there is another person that has the same smart-aleck genes that we have. For those that don’t know her yet, let me introduce Jackie.

Jackie is a 6-year-old girl with the mind of a 30-year-old. Instead of comforting me, she scolds me when I get sick. She can test the patience of JL and yet, force him to smile in the middle of a reprimand. She has Jenjen wrapped in her small, chubby finger. And she got our mom to spoil her…


Anecdotes about her to come in future posts….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home