Thursday, July 13, 2006

summer time

my favorite season. growing up, i always see summer as the time to sleep in, play all day, go to places and relax. there was never a summer that we didn't go swimming. my dad, or family would gather everyone and go to laguna and rent a private pool for the day or at subic for overnight.

i remember the first time i learned how to swim. i was around the age of 6 and we were in iloilo. i was left behind in the kiddie pool, freezing and dead leaves would start to stick in my body for it was underneath a big tree. then i finally got really envious and decided to follow my sister and brother in the big pool. my sister would hold me and try to let go of me aside from my screams of pleading not to. it was my brother who taught me how to swim. his first rule - if you drown don't scream, just kick your feet. for if you scream, you'll take in water and you'll really drown. after taking a break from the water, i decided to jump into the pool instead of taking the stairs (because everybody else was doing it!). lo and behold, i almost drowned. with my brother's first rule in my head, i survived and learned how to swim.

ever since then, whenever summer is around the corner i would look forward into dipping in the water. summer never cease to bring me great memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home