Friday, August 04, 2006

Time Flies

Everyday we hurry to go from one place to another. We try to finish one task to start with another. We look at our watch every minute hoping that we'd make it to our appointment on time. We are always on the run, even advertisements addresses that and makes is as their selling point.

In few weeks, we (my brother, sister and I) are going to Iloilo to visit our grandma. It has been like 10 years since I last visited Iloilo, and the last time I was there, everyone mused on how much I have grown and how they remember me when I was this wee. I kinda can't wait to visit Iloilo and my grandma, a good portion of my childhood memories came from there, both happy and the not-so-happy ones. I remember my grandma forcing me to take my afternoon nap, while my brother and sister are out playing or hanging out with our cousins. There were times when my grandma would cut my hair, and I would go to school with crooked bangs. She would also insist on cutting my hair really short, her reason being -- I was too skinny to have long hair, that all the nutrients goes to my hair instead to my body. She also forbade me to take ballet lessons for I was far too skinny to do ballet. I know, they also sound absurd, but at that age, I really can't argue with her or simply because I knew better than to argue with her. Arguing my grandma is just like opening a pandora's box. Yes, she's that fierce, but she is loved by a lot of people - priests, people in ranks, and the likes. She oftenly was invited to different galas and events, she used to participate in church activities.

I still can't wait to visit Iloilo and see faces that I grew up with. I am sure that when they see all of us, they would constantly reminisce of the times that I/we could hardly remember. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home