Sunday, September 17, 2006

Finally...


Yes, the long awaited vacation is finally here. This is blog is being written around 6:45AM Manila Time, my third morning in Manila and I find myself waking up after two long days of family, food and laughter. I am wide awake to my surprise.

A little bit of summary before I continue....

Arrived in Manila at around 11PM (Friday) after what we felt was the shortest 16 hour flight. On demand video on board plus the old time favorite, Bi Bim Bap (Korean Spiced Rice) made the time just fly (pun inteded! I try.).

Saturday started with an $8 breakfast at Sinangag Express. Haircut at Fix. Lunch at Itallianis. Tips and Toes in the afternoon. A few bites of Jollibee via food delivery. Dinner at Magallanes that ended at around 11PM.

Sunday started quite slow but ended with a bang, literally. After my sister's conference call with a company in HK, we marched ourselves towards Malate for a simple lunch of Sinigang na Baboy (Pork Sour Soup) and steamed shrimps. We were full by 2 PM. After which we got a call for dinner plans at Hai (Apeh's 1 of 3 restaurants that he co owns at the Mall of Asia.) The bang that I was referring to was the fireworks display just in front of the restaurant jsut before dinner started.

Dinner was so much fun. Kids running all over the place and adults being told where to sit. It was chaotic with 6 kids under the age of 6 with their own yaya's (nanny) and 22 adults. That number with a couple of families MIA. My dad's twin sister just arrived and the stories on our table were loud and were always ended with boistorous laughter. I can't put justice into writing the events that transpired during dinner, but what I can tell you is there's "E-max" in the Mall (an inside joke amongst the family).

We were all complaining about being tired and sick after a long humid day of eating and going around in a crowded mall. You'd assume we'd hit the sack rigth... but no. The three of us found ourselves in bed chatting up about who's who and who's not up until 2:30AM. Details of which I couldn't possibly write in this blog... but people close to us would know the general topics of discussion.

More on the saga of Pinas Vacation 2006... hopefully, we could update this while we find ourselves under the sun in Boracay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home