Friday, September 08, 2006

~ family ties ~

Last Sunday, as I joined my cousins in browsing old albums and looking for photos to complete a video that they are doing for their dad's 60th birthday, I found this picture! I am the goofy one behind JL (if I get behind JL now, I won't be seen at all as he towers over me!), while Jenjen is the little baby carried by our grandmother. Most likely, this was taken during one of our relatives' birthday since we were in red. Actually, there were still lots and I'll get them one of these days for posterity's sake. I bet, Jenjen would be ecstatic to see some of her baby photos!

Our little sister, Jackie, starts her countdown till her Ahya and Di-chi arrive for our uncle's party. As it is being given by his children on his honor, all of them (including me who is the designated organizer/planner in the family) are hands on and busy with the preparations. Amidst guest lists, invites, menu, hunt for red dresses and other logistics, I hope this party will go on without a hitch starting today! Stress and pressure always run high whenever we have this get togethers, be it for 20 family members or 200 guests!

I am enjoying "me time" for the past few days. I got my much needed rest (or so...), finished a book, arranged school stuff, did a bit of spring cleaning (threw out 5 full trashbags, i had fun shredding scrap paper!), completed two needleworks and had my fill of Desperate Houswives' Season 2. Now, if I can only get myself to fix my closets :)

This is the calm before the storm.

School starts again this coming week. Today is my last tgif since I have classes on Saturdays. Classes next term equates to at least two term papers a week, 8 different professors and balancing time with managing stress in between projects/events. I am almost near the finish line, I can and I will manage the endure final laps.

But of course, I can't wait for my sibs to get here...we have a full-packed 11 days, including a Boracay trip. It sounds stressful but this is good stress. I welcome this anytime as long as I get to spend time with those two in the photo! (Mom, you better make true your promise about next year!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home